Maybelline has been so on point with releasing all of these new palettes. Every since I picked up The Nudes and The Brights, I have been on the hunt for The Smokes palette. Which I finally ended up finding at Walgreens when I was in Minnesota! I literally have been looking for this for months and when I took my trip to the Mall of America I went into a random Walgreens and it was there waiting for me. Now if you watched my little first impressions video on The Brights palette you would know I was not a fan of it at all. It was lacking major pigmentation, so I was hoping that with this palette would come amazing pigmentation, but it was pretty terrible as well.
The Smokes palette retails for $9.99-$12.99 (depending on where you are purchasing it from) and it comes with 12 different shades.
- Matte gray shade with a hint of dark green undertones, this shade applied really patchy and you really had to pack the color on to get good color pay off.
- Light shade gray with a hint of shimmer, this shade was also not pigmented.
- Dark black shade mixed with silver glitter, this shade did apply a little bit easier, but still a little patchy.
- Light beige pink color with shimmer, this shade was probably one of the more pigmented in the palette. It had a nice texture and was easy to apply
- Deep plum purple, super patchy and not pigmented.
- Medium gray with hint of silver shimmery, again not pigmented and very patchy.
- Matte medium brown, it had good color pay off, but also applied very patchy.
- Light champagne color with shimmer, not pigmented at all.
- Gun metal gray with silver shimmer, NOW this color was the true super star of the whole entire palette. This shade is EXTREMELY pigmented. I was really impressed when I was swatching this because it was so easy to apply and the color pay off was amazing. You can clearly tell from the swatches that this baby is amazing.
- Light baby blue with shimmer, it shows up more silvery.
- Deep matte dark blue, which again applied very patchy and had terrible color pay off.
- Light baby pink with shimmer, this color barely showed up on my skin.
I was not happy with this palette at all. 90% of the shades were a huge miss. The only color that really stood out to me was the beautiful gun metal shade, which I will get my use out of it. Other then that I thought the palette was terrible.
For a overall rating I would have to give it a D+, only because of that gun metal shade! Have you guys tried this palette yet?