Hi loves, welcome back to my blog! I am so excited to finally be doing my review on the new Maybelline Vivid Matte Liquid lip colors. I had purchased a few on my own, but Maybelline did gift me a couple of shades for Valentines day, so I thought I would share swatches and my opinions on the shades that I own. I have 6 out of 10 shades to share with you guys.
The shades I have are:
- Possessed Plum which is a deep deep purple. When applying this shade you do have to add a couple of coats because it does apply pretty patchy in some areas.
- Rebel Road which is a bright red. This is one of my favorites because with one swipe it covers everything and has a nice opaque finish.
- Vivid Violet which is a beautiful bright purple. This one was a little patchy as well when applying. But you do not have to go over it nearly as much as Possessed Plum.
- Nude Thrill is a beautiful peachy nude. Out of all of the shades that I have this one is my favorite. It had wonderful color pay off.
- Nude Flush which is a light pinky nude. This is another one of my favorites. It is a great everyday shade.
- Pink Charge is a beautiful light pink shade. This one performed really well and did not apply patchy.
According to Maybelline, they state that these have a matte finish, however I find that these are more of a satin/cream finish instead of matte. Also these do not dry on your lips so they feel a lot like a lip gloss and not like a liquid lipstick. I did find they were very pigmented just like the claim, and they do apply very smooth as well. But if you are looking for a matte lip, I would pass on these because they are more of just a gloss. They last for about 3 hours before you would need to apply more product to your lips.
If you were looking to try these out, I would highly recommend checkin out Rebel Road, Nude Thrill and Nude Flush.
These currently retail for $7.99 and they are currently on sale at www.ulta.com for buy two get one free. So if you were interested in trying them out, that would be a great way to get them for a little bit cheaper.
This post contains affiliated links.